- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Kate Stevens
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Expiry Date: 26 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59249
£negotiable hourly rate
To serve as the primary contact between the Company and the supply base for global/regional initiatives, including filling the functional seat for commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers, being the recognized expert for his or her assigned portion of the global category.
JOB DUTIES: (to include but not limited to...)
- Supports development and execution of global category strategies, and drives performance excellence.
- Be a Supplier Lead for suppliers with multiple source buyers.
- Manage the supplier relationship for that supplier's location including but not limited to Supplier Relationship Mgmt., Supplier Performance Mgmt., Cost Mgmt., Risk Mgmt., and Category Network Mgmt.
- Accountable for the development, and/or communication and implementation of a regional and worldwide sourcing strategy.
- Responsible for the development, management and execution of the global category strategy managing policies, agreements, source catalogues, and special procurement programs; and accountable for the liaison with the corresponding source buyers.
- Leadership - Provide leadership for strategic sourcing- qualified supply network, business continuity, supplier risk management - capacity & financial, logistics, contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost/spend management
- Strategy- Tools and Techniques of 6 Sigma will be required and may be attained by Black Belt, Green Belt, Project Sponsor, or other 6 Sigma related training programs.
- Supplier Development: - Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineers, to ensure continuous improvement in QCLDM with key suppliers.
Travel: The position may require frequent travel to UK suppliers
- The position requires an undergraduate degree from a college or university - or equivalent experience.
- Indirect purchasing exprience ideal, understanding of bidding process, local sourcing strategies and supplier performance management.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions
- Functional leadership. Capable of leading teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions.
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skill.
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form. Fluent in the English language and preferred other languages.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles as applied our suppliers.
Please apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.