£25.45 - 25.45 per hour
6 months ago
A Castings Engineer is required, responsible for Designing, Developing and Validation of castings and casting technology.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for the whole Centre of Competence (COC) within Body Structures and Chassis.
- Engaging with Existing supplier where required.
- Reacting to any quality issues associated with Castings technology in a consultancy capacity.
- Reporting out to senior management.
- Helping to create system strategy papers for Casting technologies.
- V5 R26 Trained and/or V6
- Microsoft office literate
- Previous Automotive Product Engineering Experience
- BIW sheet metal design for both aluminium and steel will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and practical use of Associated Vehicle Architecture (AVA) would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Engineering Release process - AIMs, PACNs, CRIDXs
- WERS literate would be a big advantage.
- Working knowledge of stamping feasibility, joining technologies, including sealant and adhesives, would be advantageous.
- Problem solving tools and techniques, Six Sigma, 8D.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
Engineering Degree or alternative qualifications or experience.
This role is deemed INSIDE of IR35
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.