- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Creative design & styling
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: Contract
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 31 May 2022
- Job Ref: 61259
Title: CASTEC Modeller - 37802
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £30.05/hr Ltd (PAYE option also available)
This role is to assist our technical modelling team whose primary goal is the development of 3D Digital data sets for construction of full size and scale models to support the design process, including development of Armatures for both Hard and Clay properties, individual standalone models and components to support design modelling.
Primary role would be developing from A-Surface data, the armature structure, B-Surf stacking faces, including location dowel positions and material off-sets where required.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous Experience of 3D modelling tool set (Catia V5/6)
- 3D Enovia and be Computer literate (Windows Excel etc)
- Clear understanding of 3D modelling within a design environment with the ability develop data sets to support the manufacture of physical properties, understanding build and assembly strategies
- Ability to work within an extremely fluctuating environment, supporting our customers within Design including Clay and Hard modelling, both internal and external suppliers
- Fluent in the use of CATIA software with experience preferably in the Automotive sector.
- An understanding of materials, build and machining strategies are essential.
- Ability to develop documentation to support build team is also fundamental to the role.
- An enthusiastic self-motivated team player who actively develops and supports team members.
- Flexible in their approach to work and capable of assisting to ensure the tasks are achieved against set targets
- Able to adapt to new technologies being introduced into the modelling process.
- An individual who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance
- Ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- Good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.