CAS Surface Designer
£38 per hour / Competitive permanent salary and benefit package
Summary of Department and role
- To create and release surfaces that faithfully capture design intent. Surfaces are aesthetically-optimised and to a high quality of execution that meet specified TM ETC standards.
- To assist the creative process by interpreting 2D sketches into 3D data for design iteration and approval.
- To assist the technical development process by integrating engineering, manufacturing and key technical attributes concurrently with design intent during surface creation.
Main activities and tasks
- Sketch 3D Surfaces to aid aesthetic Design development
- Create initial theme proposals to support aesthetic and feasibility studies
- Create surfaces of themes for engineering feasibility verification
- Create surface release for design approval
- Create surface release that provide foundation for production surfacing activity
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake others duties within the scope and grading of the post.
Other features of the role:
- Provide any reference CAS information (e.g. points) to assist clay development
- Generate data to support hard modelling activity
- Assist with data creation for visualisation
- Support digital design reviews with content and attendance
Experience and skill set required for the role:
- Degree qualified or similar qualification
- Demonstrates advanced skillset in creative digital surface creation using Alias software
- Demonstrates advanced skillset in technical digital surface creation using Alias software
- Experience of working with engineering inputs
- Can interpret design sketches to create appropriate surface proposals
- Can integrate technical, engineering and manufacturing inputs
- Can interface with DMO and provide supporting data for physical modelling
- A minimum of five years automotive or other relevant industry experience
- A minimum of three years Alias Surfacing experience within the automotive industry
When applying please send your CV, along with salary requirements, notice period and confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK with no time limits or restrictions.
For more information about the role, or to apply please contact Gemma Gregson - Jonathan Lee Design Services tel: 01384 446144 or email .