CAS Surface Designer
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Summary of Department and Role
To create and release surfaces that faithfully capture design intent. Surfaces are aesthetically optimised and to a high quality of execution that meet specified standards.
To assist the creative process by interpreting 2D sketches into 3D data for design iteration and approval.
To assist the technical development process by integrating engineering, manufacturing and key technical attributes concurrently with design intent, during surface creation.
Main Activities and Tasks
- Sketch 3D surfaces to aid aesthetic design development
- Create initial theme proposals to support aesthetic and feasibility studies
- Create surfaces of themes for engineering feasibility verification
- Create surface release for design approval
- Create surface release that provide foundation for production surfacing activity
Other Features of the Role
- Provide any reference CAS information (eg points) to assist clay development
- Generate data to support hard modelling activity
- Assist with data creation for visualisation
- Support digital design reviews with content and attendance
- Degree qualified or similar qualification
- Demonstrates advanced skillset in creative digital surface creation using Alias software
- Demonstrates advanced skillset in technical digital surface creation using Alias software
- Experience of working with engineering inputs
- Demonstrates advanced skillset in technical digital surface creation using ICEM Surf software
- A minimum of five years automotive or other relevant industry experience
- A minimum of three years Alias surfacing experience with the automotive industry
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.