- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 04 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60063
Avionics Capability and Test Engineer - West London
Attractive - Aerospace, Defence & Aviation - Permanent
An Aerospace, Defence and Aviation engineering organisation are looking for an Avionics Capability and Test Engineer who will be responsible for developing and building electronics test solutions for a wide range of avionics and ground support equipment.
The Avionics Capability and Test Engineer will be working with electronics technologies used in communication, navigation, radar, audio units, electronic instrumentation, ground test equipment, electro-mechanical and Automatic Test Equipment (ATE). The Avionics Capability and Test Engineer will have a commercial awareness and ability to present to management.
Avionics Capability and Test Engineer - Responsibilities
- Undertake the development and building of electronic test solutions.
- Utilise OEM maintenance manuals, schematics, test procedures and associated information.
- Understand testing required and suggest/development of equivalent test solutions.
- Design and build electronic circuits with programmed devices.
- Research and develop software testing solutions as per OEM requirements.
- Articulate developed testing solutions and attain necessary approval.
- Investigate equipment needed for development of the testing solutions.
- Research items for BOM's and identify where to procure them from.
- Demand parts, following the normal Company purchasing procedures.
- Creation of test solution layout/drilling template using 2D drawing package.
- Machining of test solution hardware with general workshop machine and hand tools.
- Population of test solutions and construction of test solutions.
- Verification and Validation of test solutions against diagrams or OEM unit/specifications.
- Attend training courses at OEM's and other companies as applicable.
- Work with colleagues and Quality department to achieve delivery of test solutions.
- Undertake training that is identified as a requirement of the role.
- Undertake requests that are made by the role manager/acting manager or Directors.
- Adhere to Health and Safety requirements and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
Qualifications & Skills Required for the Avionics Capability and Test Engineer
- Educated to degree level, or HND/HNC/NVQ with equivalent experience.
- Technical background in aircraft systems with Commercial Aviation or Military background.
- Understanding of wiring, design requirements to translate drawings into hardware solutions.
- Practical experience to include soldering (surface mount and through hole components).
- Knowledge of repair documentation and schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of electronic and RF circuits repair and experience with 2D CAD.
- Knowledge of or previous experience within an Avionics MRO or OEM.
- Knowledge of or previously worked in lean/process-change environments.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and of regulatory requirements including test solutions.
- Knowledge of development of testing solutions for Avionics products.
- Open minded with ability to analyse data and work well in multidiscipline teams.
- Ability to work to KPI's, well organised, self-motivated, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the Industry.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Avionics Capability and Test Engineer, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446127 or Email suitable MS Word CV's - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.