Camera System Design Engineer
A Camera System Design Engineer is required with experience of automotive camera and positional monitoring system developments.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Camera System Design Engineer with experience and understanding of automotive mass manufacturing process for a new contract role.
As a Driver Controls Engineer, you will be required to carry out the following:
- To allow team to fulfil technical cost reduction objectives on camera based systems cross car line for all models where the team hold application responsibility by close collaboration with engineering teams in Japan.
- To maintain the camera & AVM components BOM in line with the vehicle specification for current and future vehicle line up
- To facilitate the planning and delivery of next generation camera and AVM cross car line for all models where the team hold application responsibility by close collaboration with engineering teams in Japan
- To manage all development and field quality issues arising from application of camera and AVM for European models by close collaboration with engineering teams in Japan.
- To provide effective communication and coordination gateway between our client's global advanced development and vehicle development teams and global supplier base to successfully facilitate the delivery of the above.
The Camera System Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Have understanding and experience of automotive camera and positional monitoring system developments.
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Experience and understanding of automotive mass manufacturing process.
- Understand Mechanical and Engineering principles, electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Knowledge of software and hardware development processes and key schedule milestones.
- Good knowledge of CAN.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Affable and energetic personality.
- Competent with PC applications. MS office, Image editing etc.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and manage complex cross functional activities.
If you have any questions about the Camera System Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259