We are seeking a Calibration Technician to give technical and organisational leadership to Calibration activity ensuring accurate and reliable data acquisition for test groups.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Calibration Technician with demonstrable experience in testing associated with development and manufacture of vehicles for a new contract role.
As a Calibration Technician, you will be required to:
- Provide technical leadership for technical area
- Lead long term strategic improvements
- Ensure required calibrated equipment is calibrated internally or through external calibration houses
- Write reports
- Training and development of staff
- Assist with facility management inclusive of maintenance, facility calibration, risk assessment and training.
- Liaise with test groups to ensure measurement set up provides accurate data acquisition
- Management of calibration database (Excel based) and advise on potential new systems
- Track spend of department and give clear financial reporting
- Support section management to maintain Health & Safety, improve efficiency, and capture knowledge
- Give advice and support on Calibration activity improvements
- Create reports and feedback data to Engineering/Supervisor groups
The Calibration Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Demonstrable experience in testing associated with development and manufacture of vehicles.
- Test & Measurement experience
- Instrumentation experience
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical gauges
- Metrology expertise
- Understanding of ISO9001 / ISO17025
- Good inter-personal skills for co-ordinating activities with internal / external customers / suppliers
- Quality conscious with keen attention to detail
- Flexible to support periods of off-site working.
- Ability to provide a technical lead for the development of staff within the section.
- Recognised Qualification or apprenticeship
- HNC or above preferable
- Good Computer IT skills:
- Excel (Database management & producing graphs)
- Word (Report writing)
- PowerPoint (Presentations)
If you have any questions about the Calibration Technician role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.