Job title: Calibration Engineer - Diesel Engines
Salary Range: Competitive - LTD
Industry: Off Highway
A Calibration Engineer has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The role is to provide calibration support and technical direction to the Performance, economy and emissions engine test & validation team supporting program delivery.
The Calibration engineer will have responsibility for conducting engine calibration and rating development and sign off.
This requires a good understanding of diesel engine development, calibration, testing and testbed problem solving. It is a day to day hands on role and the candidate must have test experience which reflects this.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Demonstrable diesel engine, aftertreatment, and control systems strategy understanding.
- Experience in combustion, performance, and economy calibration development of diesel engines.
- Experience of conducting engine/aftertreatment test and calibration and performance development to support overall program requirements.
- Planning, managing and delivery of tests to tight time scales.
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools , emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems.
- Experience of checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability, and conducting DOE's.
- Ability to problem solve, analyse data & formally present & report on the outcome.
- Ability to investigate root cause of issues, write test requirements, test procedures, and test reports.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.