Job title: Calibration Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £38.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Diesel Engines
A Calibration Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will provide calibration support and technical direction to the Performance, economy and emissions engine test & validation team supporting program delivery.
Responsible for conducting engine calibration, rating development, and sign off.
This requires a good understanding of diesel engine development, calibration, testing and testbed problem solving.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Demonstrable diesel engine, aftertreatment, and control systems strategy understanding.
- Experience in combustion, performance, and economy calibration development of diesel engines.
- Experience of conducting engine/aftertreatment test and calibration and performance development to support overall program requirements.
- Planning, managing and delivery of tests to tight time scales.
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools , emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems.
- Experience of checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability, and conducting DOE's.
- Ability to problem solve, analyse data & formally present & report on the outcome.
- Ability to investigate root cause of issues, write test requirements, test procedures, and test reports.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, self confidence and a 'passion for product engineering' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment, being self motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
Please contact James Tilley for details.