This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Powertrain Calibration Engineer to join a small but complete vehicle manufacturer within the powertrain team.
The Calibration Engineer would be responsible for responsible for all Powertrain and vehicle level test/troubleshooting/calibration to deliver vehicle level fuel economy and performance as per targets.
What You Will Do:
- As Calibration Engineer you will perform engine and vehicle calibration and other relevant engineering project work within project team as required.
- Support key person for meetings with Bosch/Delphi. Skilled in PC based application tools such as ETAS INCA, Keep data base of calibration developments.
- Work alongside technology partners and pollinate analytical modelling know-how into the teams tools and techniques procedures.
- Support testing activities conducted by the Powertrain group in order to correlate analyses, including definition of instrumentation and test conditions.
You Will Need:
- Experience in Powertrain systems calibration development, OBD calibration, engine calibration.
- Experience with ETAS INCA, Matlab or equivalent advanced data acquisition systems.
- Relevant experience with engine management and data acquisition systems is desirable.
- Experience within automotive vehicle manufacturer, preferably with experience of calibration of gasoline engines.
- Recent direct experience of application of new technologies.
- It's expected that the candidate will have good knowledge of Internal Combustion Engines and/or Engine Control software.
Desirable Experience to the above:
Specialized knowledge in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This knowledge includes both analytical and experimental applications. Energy conversion systems knowledge includes an understanding of the working principles of power generation, including engines and systems related to engines, such as after treatment systems, air handling systems, fuel systems, and filtration systems Thermal and fluid science specialty of interest.
What You Will Get:
- An excellent contract rate.
- The chance to work in brand new facilities.
- Early finish on a Friday.
Suitably qualified and experienced Calibration Engineers should apply today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.