Job Title: Calibration Engineer
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Calibration Engineer to work at our client’s facility in Dudley.
The purpose of the Calibration Engineer is to support Service and Calibration activities that are carried out competently by the Service and Calibration team and align with the company’s business plan and strategic direction.
This involves providing support and assistance for Service and Calibration operations, including procurement, scheduling and performance of Service and Calibration services on customer sites or at client’s premises to the required standard and customer specification.
- Carry out service and calibration duties by planning, organising and scheduling calibration equipment to complete activities to the required customer and UKAS standard, both on customer sites and companies’ premises.
- Carry out force, stroke/displacement and extensometer calibration to UKAS standards
- Support, understand and interpret UKAS quality systems (17025) and processes
- Contribute to the growth and success of the business by proactively seeking opportunities for potential business to support the company’s business plan.
- Production of service and calibration paperwork, including UKAS and non-UKAS certificates
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate a willingness to perform other tasks outside of main objectives or direct responsibilities
- 80% of work at customers sites with overnight stays required
- Support change management activities within the organisation, adapting well to new challenges in any area of the workplace
- Produce accurate written documentation for internal and external business purposes, with relevant and precise information
- Create internal and external correspondence that are appropriate in frequency, tone and content to the recipient
- File and store written documentation correctly, in line with Company procedures
- Communicate accurate information to appropriate person or department in a timely manner
- Engage in discussions and offers suggestions and solutions to improve business processes
- Proactively approach staff to clarify information and resolve issues
- Collaborate with other departments and teams, including group companies where necessary and sharing knowledge to support business activities
- Providing accurate information to relevant departments in order to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Engage in annual performance appraisals, performance reviews and personal improvement or development plans in line with business objectives
- Undertake any reasonable requests for training, either internally or externally, in order to improve performance and capabilities
- Prepare for weekly and monthly meetings as appropriate within the agreed reporting structure and timetable, and ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments
- Organise own time (information, tools, materials, suppliers, customers etc.) to complete tasks to the required standard, schedule and budget, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with new and existing customers, providing high quality support and assistance
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner, provide accurate information to customers through the production of instruction manuals, procedures and technical documentation as required
- Providing technical support to customers and understand the nature of the enquiry, informing the appropriate department where further action is required
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems and continuous improvement within department. Production of procedures, instruction manuals and technical documentation
- Comply with policies and procedures, including health and safety, personal protective equipment.
- Adopt safe working practices within your team in line with current company procedures and to understand appropriate training in Health and Safety
- Ensuring maintenance of tools, using equipment safely and correctly, and working areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Reporting any faulty equipment or tools to the appropriate Line Manager.
- Reporting any accidents or injuries to the company first aid representative and following accident reporting procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Full clean driving license
- Fully competent with calibration of force, displacement and extensometry to international standards
- Interpreting customer calibration requirements
- Experience of working to International quality standards
- Knowledge and experience of UKAS
- Strong Numeracy & IT skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook packages
- Logical thinking
- Works well under pressure and part of a team
- Work effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Organising and Problem solving
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.