- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61295
Calibration Technician – West London - Permanent – Attractive – Aerospace and Defence
A Calibration Technicianis required to repair, test, and calibrate aviation ground test equipment, avionics test equipment and general-purpose test equipment.
The Calibration Technician will report to the Team Leader and this role is a long term and stable opportunity for the right person.
Calibration Technician – Key Responsibilities
- Test, repair, and calibration of ground test equipment.
- Test, repair of battery chargers, avionics test equipment and general-purpose test equipment.
- Complete the fault finding, repair, testing and calibration process.
- Use specialised and general-purpose test equipment.
- Complete accurate records and ensure that they are filed in a timely manner.
- Maintain the required level of quality and cost effectiveness, ensuring accuracy.
- Adhere to working practices and procedures and comply with health and safety requirements.
- Undertake cross-training in other technical areas in line with requirements of the business.
- Understand and utilise the company systems to ensure effective delivery.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies requirements.
Skills Required for the Calibration Technician
- PC literate – Microsoft word, excel, databases
- HNC/HND level electronics preferred
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good eyesight with or without glasses or lenses (No Colour Blindness)
- Good experience in electronic repairs at component level
- RF experience with ability to repair complex RF circuits and technology
- Soldering skills both surface mount and through hole components
- Experienced in the use of electronic test equipment
- Experience of amplification and mixers.
- Experience in similar role advantageous
- Aviation or RF or Military background desirable
- Previous experience within an Avionics desirable
- Good working knowledge of aircraft systems would be an advantage
- Hands on knowledge of calibration and repair.
- Experience with test equipment including DMM's, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, etc.
Security Clearance may be required for this role due to the nature of the Industry
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Calibration Technician, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446127 or Email suitable MS Word CV’s to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.