Title: CAE Lead Engineer
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon + flexibility to travel to other sites
Rate: Up to £27.00 per hour
As a CAE Lead Engineer, you'll work within the Technology & Innovation team of the Business Office, who are responsible for developing and deploying the CAE tools and methods to drive improvements to the overall enterprise.
The highly technical role will initially have two main areas of focus; the further exploitation of the current toolset (Autoform) & the development of future toolsets using other finite element (FE) codes.
- Lead the exploitation of the current FE toolset, ensuring all features are applied appropriately to meet the requirements of T&PPG.
- Lead the development & delivery of new simulation toolsets, both in the current toolset (Autoform) and any future FE solutions.
- Work closely with JLR press shop teams to identify process issues and then lead projects to solve them through the application of FE simulation methods.
- Supplier engagement to ensure FE toolsets meet JLR expectations
- Maintaining a focus on continuous improvement aligned with departmental KPis and Quality operating methods as well as with T&PPG vision.
- Substantial experience of FE solvers & pre/postprocessing tools including optimisation methods, ideally in an automotive environment & using LS-DYNA/ Autoform or similar tools
- A good understanding of the principles of solid mechanics applied to materials characterisation for simulation
- Excellent team work skills & an adaptable approach to problem solving
- Knowledge and familiarity with key processes, facilities and technologies used throughout the pressed parts process chain.
- Strong people skills.
- A good level of business acumen.
- Experience in the application of six sigma or other technical problem solving methods
- Suitable applicants are likely to possess a relevant degree or PhD although this is not essential if the individual can evidence the necessary capabilities.
- Flexibility - Whilst Gaydon based candidates would be expected to be mobile with regular travel to each of our Press Shops (Castle Bromwich, Solihull, Halewood) anticipated and as well as occasional overseas travel.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CAE Lead Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.