£34.00 - £44.00 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job Title: CAE Engineer (First Safety Analysis Engineer)
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contract length: 6 months
The Safety Analysis section is part of Volvo Cars Safety Centre, which drives the development of the Volvo Cars core value - Safety. Within the centre there are functions for both strategic safety development and requirements, traffic accident research and safety analysis (both physical testing and CAE).
The Safety Analysis section is responsible for the evaluation of crash performance in our current and future cars. Crash development is performed in close collaboration with our design departments and external suppliers in a dynamic and international environment.
As a frontal crash analysis CAE engineer you will perform simulations of complete vehicle models and analyse crash performance both on structural and occupant level. Based on your analysis you and the crash team will lead the design departments to fulfillment of the vehicle
requirements. You will propose technical solutions, develop and evaluate to secure
that the vehicles meet our high safety standards.
You will be responsible for virtual simulations within one of our ongoing projects and participate in method development assignments and system requirement setting. You have also the capability to perform physical testing whilst establishing and developing relationships with engineers from physical testing, attribute leaders and the product development departments. You will therefore build and maintain a wide personal network within Volvo Cars.
- Create and develop virtual simulation models
- Perform simulations and analyses based on results from both virtual & physical test
- Participate in development of technical solutions
- Participate in cross-functional development teams
- Define and participate in method development
- MSc in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience from Safety related work is meritorious
- Experience in CAE driven development
- Good analytical competence
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- High ability to work in team as well as keeping deadlines as individual
Experience of CAE & test analysis preferably within Automotive Safety
Skills in Dyna, Ansa and MetaPost and/or Animator software, or other equivalent
Skills in TeamCenter, VisMockup or equivalent tools
Personality: Communicative, customer focus, engaged, team player
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.