Vehicle Simulation Engineer
A Vehicle Simulation Engineer is required with work experience in powertrain (electrified and conventional technologies) within the automotive industry.
Due to growth this company, a leading Powertrain Engineering consultancy based in Basildon, requires a Vehicle Simulation Engineer for a new permanent role.
The Vehicle Simulation Engineer will join a very dynamic team developing innovative technologies for conventional powertrain after-treatment electrification connected and autonomous vehicles.
The Vehicle Simulation Engineer will be required to develop, manage, and validate predictive vehicle and powertrain models to support system definition and design decisions from concept phase to start of production.
Evaluate and mature control algorithms which improve vehicle attributes such as fuel consumption, emissions, performance or durability.
Analyse realworld driving usage and test data, performing statistical analysis, and developing simplified models to understand how new technologies will be used in the field.
Support report-out and presentations to senior management.
The Vehicle Simulatin Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineering/Science Degree (or equivalent)
- Automotive engineering knowledge
- Relevant work experience in powertrain (electrified and conventional technologies) within the automotive industry
- Solid background in mathematics, statistics and physics
- Excellent Matlab programming skills
- Strong Simulink experience for plant modelling and controls
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to interface constructively with a global team and clients
- Proficient in MS Office
- Vehicle dynamic and realworld simulation tools (e.g. IPG CarMaker or SUMO)
- Systems engineering experience for product development
- Software development experience
- Experience with other powertrain modelling tools (e.g. GTpower)
- Experience in other programming languages (e.g. R, Python)
- Calibration/diagnostics tools experience (e.g. Vector Canalyzer, ATI Vision)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the Vehcile Simulation Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.