Title: Application Engineer CAE
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £35.60 per hour
The PLM programme team is responsible for all aspects of PLM toolset selection, implementation, use and support. The team is employed to replace a complex array of legacy systems inherited as part of the separation from Ford.
The focus is to move Engineering Operations out of their current toolsets and move them into a PLM suite which will open opportunities for more efficient delivery of our vehicle programmes delivery great products faster to our customers.
The CAE Team are responsible for delivering technical solutions across various work streams covering functional capabilities such as CAE Templated workflows, Simulation Processes, CAE Analysis for Analyst and Designer roles. This role will support the delivery of projects and their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies. Typically, this will involve the planning, co-ordination & delivery of specific projects within the PLM team.
- An understanding of CAE process requirements
- Experience with CAE tools
- Experience of process integration
- Experience of executing CAD or CAE activities within a PDM-managed environment
- Previous experience of PLM programmes and Project Management with track record of delivery
- Methodical detailed approach to work context
- Analytical skills to identify how one issue can impact on another and put in place the required interventions through support or from own knowledge base
- Ability to present complex data & issues to a varied audience
- Experience of Problem Resolution using structured approaches
- Have requirement gathering and testing skills, knowledge of verification and validation techniques and the ability to assess solution change requests
- Experience with specific CAE tools such as Hyperworks, ANSA, including automation of those tools, is desirable
- Experience of process integration with tools such as Isight is desirable
- Experience of Dassault Systemes SLM and/or Process Composer is desirable
- Experience working in the automotive industry in the Product Development domain would be desirable
- Experience of stakeholder management at all levels
- Commercially astute with an ability to understand the business function that this role supports
- Have the confidence to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CAE Application Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.