Title: CAE Analyst
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The vision of the department is to ensure that all customer expectations for Durability & Reliability (D&R) worldwide are met by our designs. The Vehicle Durability team are responsible for the management and delivery of durability and robustness tests throughout the product development lifecycle. Key Responsibilities
- Exciting and state-of-the-art CAE method development projects
- Hands on CAE analysis of all vehicle programmes
- Problem investigation and attribute studies using SIMPACK/LS-Dyna
- Delivering Virtual RLD
- Liaison with D&R PAT leaders in the preparation of vehicles for test, manage whole vehicle structural and high mileage durability tests, investigation and support for the various issues using CAE techniques.
- Good knowledge of vehicle engineering including dynamics, strength and fatigue of engineering materials and the mechanics and dynamics of structural systems
- A broad knowledge of Chassis, Body and Powertrain structures and major systems and their interactions
- Knowledge of FE codes like Abaqus, LS-Dyna Management of projects. Excellent communication, and presentation skills. Good knowledge of vehicle testing including strength & fatigue theory
- Good knowledge of Automotive Technologies, and experience of virtual analysis.
- Experience with following CAE tools preferred - CAE Tools such as Abaqus or LS-Dyna "
A degree would be ideal, but other qualifications which show the candidate's ability and suitability are also of interest.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information, contact Lois Weston on 01384446119.