Title: CAE Analyst
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The role of the vehicle NVH team is define the strategy and requirements for a number of NVH attributes including, OSQ, Powertrain & EV N&V and SQ, Road noise, aeroacoustics, chassis knocks and rattles, squeaks and rattles and chassis systems to meet customer attribute targets, utilising virtual tools, models and methods. This role sits within the Vehicle NVH CAE team who develop and utilise virtual methods in support of all vehicle level NVH attributes, often in collaboration with CoC and sub system teams and analysis methods. The introduction of this role will see the CAE team expand our capability into the MBS domain using JLRs central MBS model standard and deployment to assess NVH attributes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and documenting processes to deploy predefined MBS load cases within the NVH attribute.
- Define and document the capability of each load cases to detect failures and applicable timing.
- Propose additional load cases for which the MBS model standard could be capable of detecting failures within all NVH attributes. Propose and complete plans of work to develop, correlate and document the delivery process.
- Work with the virtual hub team to integrate these methods into the model standard.
- Deliver deployed assessments on agreed programmes and agreed timing to feed into Virtual Series Process.
- Continually look for ways to expand remit of MBS methods and opportunities to integrate with sub system analysis, or so-simulate with other CAE domains.
- Significant experience of NVH CAE toolset and using this to both develop engineering solutions and problem solving.
- A sound understanding of Vehicle NVH fundamentals (vehicle and system level).
- A relevant degree (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering).
- Experience of SIMPACK toolset.
- A full UK Driving Licence. Vehicle level NVH experience of systems and key failure modes.
- A sound understanding of NVH fundamentals.
- Ability to clearly and concisely present technical status in a range of forums at all levels within the company.
- Excellent team working, organisation and communication skills. Applicants are expected to be very self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to identify and carry out tasks independently.
- Knowledge of full vehicle modelling, simulation techniques and correlation methods against real-world data.
- Software knowledge to ideally include: SIMPACK, Optistruct, Matlab, SEA (VAOne) and Excel (training will be offered for key tools).
If you are interested in this position, please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information, please contact Lois Weston on 01384446119.