Title: CAE Analyst
Division: Advanced Engineering
Long Term Contract Position based at: Warwick University
Rate: Up to £27.00 per hour
- Development of xyz performance for Durability, NVH and Safety attributes using CAE methods to meet defined performance targets.
- Working with and supporting the R&T teams with Body CoC design direction.
- Support design confirmation, conduct test support and test-to-CAE correlation.
- Operating in a small team, including support of planning and controlling delivery of work.
- Able to run baseline CAE analysis, summarise results and feedback conclusions to the component Lead Engineers in an efficient manner.
- Able to work effectively with design teams to develop solutions within defined deadlines and time constraints.
- Have an awareness of potential design constraints (packaging, manufacturing etc.) and ensure due consideration is given in developing solutions.
- Ability to carry out automotive component performance development using CAE techniques to meet defined performance targets and support design confirmation, conduct test support and test-to-CAE correlation.
- Competent in the use Abaqus explicit and/or implicit and Nastran/Optistruct/Dyna software and associated pre and post processing packages.
- Composite Component Analysis Experience
- Ability to work fast and accurately as a member of a small team.
- PC Skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstration of the knowledge and skills required.
- Experience of working in the automotive industry.
- Competent in automotive component development using engineering experience and CAE tools.
- Requires supervision and/or assistance only where the issues or situation faced is highly complex and/or business critical.
- Experience in other fields of development using Abaqus/Nastran/Optistruct/Dyna may be acceptable if combined with appropriate software skills.
- Use of Optistruct or similar software to develop solutions and optimise designs.
- Geometry creation in Catia.
- Excel macro programming.
- Familiarity and experience of JLR working practices relating to CAE methods and processes.
- Familiarity and experience of JLR CAD, TCE & Digibuck
- Familiarity of JLR IT system
- Clean Driving Licence.
Educated to a minimum of degree level in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent technical subject.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CAE Analyst role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.