Title: CAE Analyst
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Development of vehicle design using FEA, to meet defined performance targets, specifically for crashworthiness attribute.
- Have experience of leading a small team of Safety engineers; Have good level of engineering skills & good background in crashworthiness; Able to develop automotive body structures for crashworthiness using CAE tool-sets and also have self confidence to make engineering judgements to drive design direction.
- Have an awareness of potential design constraints (packaging, manufacturing etc.) and ensure due consideration is given in developing solutions. Ls-Dyna & Oasys suite (Primer, T-His, D3plot) Hyperworks (..mesh, ..graph, ..view) ANSA
- PC Skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Good communication skills - both written and spoken is essential; Good presentation skills and able to work in a team environment
- Typically 2-4 years` experience of working in the automotive industry, involved with the development of body structures for crashworthiness using CAE methods.
- IHI (Interior Head Impact) FMVSS201u experience advantageous
- Familiarity and experience of JLR working practices relating to CAE methods and processes.
- Familiarity and experience of JLR CAD, Tce & Digibuck
- Familiarity of JLR IT system
Educated to a minimum of degree level in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent technical subject.
To apply for this postion please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.