£27.04 - 27.04 per hour
10 months ago
A Lead CAE Analyst is required to join an automotive OEM based in Gaydon.
Lead CAE Analysis within Suspension Architecture taking ownership to in-house, make-to-print engineering design of suspension components including; sub-frames, suspension links, knuckles, engine brackets, transmission cradles, etc.
Role will require working closely with Lead Engineers to design and development robustly engineering components meeting all customer requirements and with strong documented evidence to demonstrate components are fit for purpose. This is a real opportunity to truly influence the ground up engineering of future products as such a real passion, knowledge and enthusiasm for first principles engineering design is required.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven CAE analysis and software experience and the ability to deliver analysis and guide the engineering with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision with a positive attitude and flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
- Proven ability to use CATIA V5 for both solid and surface modelling.
- Proven ability of interpretation of and ability to conduct CAE stress and durability analysis (Abaqus, Optistrut, Hypermesh, nCode (Fatigue)) to iterate and optimise designs.
- Proven ability to produce detailed engineering drawings including application of appropriate GD&T.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes used in aluminium HPDC and fabricated bracket construction and ability to design for manufacturing compatibility (castings, sheet metal).
- IT Skills - Microsoft software skills, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to react quickly to change
- Knowledge of DFMEA, Engineering Specifications and Design Verification Plans (DVP).
Degree-level engineering qualification or equivalent
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.