£30 - 35 per hour
about 1 year ago
An experienced CAD Design Engineer is required. This role will involve the design and development of novel high performance mechanical motor topologies, associated assembly methods and mechanical test strategies for low cost/high volume domestic and commercial appliances. You will be based in Malmesbury, joining the Mechanical Development Team within the Global Engineering Group. The Team develops cutting-edge motor drives for existing and future products from concept design to fully automated production.
- General CAD design using Siemens NX for parts, assemblies and fixtures/jigs - may include minor updates or new designs.
- Application of PMI to 3D models using Siemens NX - pre-existing knowledge of this is essential.
- Updates to PLM as required (Siemens TeamCentre) - simple tasks such as creating or revising design & business items and BoM updates.
- Drawing generation, updates and pre-checking of drawings - experience of tolerancing high precision drawings and a good understanding of GD&T
- Updating of technical process documentation.
- Possible build support and conduct testing following prescribed test method desirable.
Person Specification / Core Competencies:
• Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical design and an awareness of the application of electronics and their interfaces.
• Ability to demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and logical problem solving.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, and demonstrate strong motivation to get the job done.
• Ability to communicate.
Initial contract duration shall be 4 months with the possibility of extending to end Aug 2020. To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.