£Competitive plus benefits
over 1 year ago
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Our client’s UK facility is leading the development of new vehicle designs for our client and assisting the parent company with the development of a coherent design language across product ranges.
The Hard Modeller role will contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of our world class UK design operation.
Main Activities and Tasks
The CAD Manager
The CAD Data Lead will be required to develop, maintain and create standards required to ensure a smooth and efficient management all surface data sent to the Department.
The CAD Data Lead will also be required to manage all data transfers (across the facility and CAD systems) and liaise with the required team members.
Systems must be put in place to ensure this is formalised and managed accordingly. All data received from different areas of the business must also be stored/ filed in a common structure to allow easy update and access of the teams.
Role will be to support and coordinate A surface data, B surface engineering and functionality, together with the designer proposals.
It is expected that you will be able to work with minimum instruction and guidance in order to support that design to achieve.
The person must have at least 10 years` experience and previous experience of working within an OEM design is essential.
They must be flexible and work well in a small team and an environment that is continually changing to meet the company needs.
To have a good knowledge of the design processes and previous studio experience can be desirable.
Co-ordinate with internal and external team members, design teams, project teams where required.
Liaise with colleagues, other departments and project teams with respect to CAD requirements.
Prepare drawings in accordance with current company CAD standard.
Capability to work to strict deadlines and project budgets.
Qualifications and Experience
- Fully qualified or time served in the CAD environment 10 years minimum
- Expert knowledge of CAD modelling and model build processes
- Time served apprenticeship with an engineering background, with relevant college qualifications to support
- Understanding clay/hard modelling and model making processes
- Competent IT User
- Reliable and flexible
- Excellent attitude to work
- Able to work on own initiative and good at problem solving
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Ms Word, Excel and Outlook
- Understanding of manufacturing systems and bills of materials
- Strong cross functional approach
- Able to lead a team
- Team player
- Excellent team building skills
- Strong understanding of team dynamics and balance
Other Features of the Role
- Role is based in the UK
- Will require some travel to other design studios and suppliers
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.