Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Permanent Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
- We are currently recruiting fora Mechanical Design Engineer to work for our client at their site in Stoke-on-Trent.
- In these roles the suitable engineer will be instrumental in producing and issuing designs using 3D modelling software (Inventor)
- The role will be working collaboratively across the business and the work with involve designing mechanical products, such as valves, penstocks, distributors and other water treatment products to client specifications and latest ISO standards.
- There are many exciting projects ahead of the business to drive efficiency and support the move towards full parametric design and the implementation of BIM modelling
- Mechanical design of flow control equipment, screening machinery and rotary equipment.
- Producing general arrangement drawings, detail designs, bills of materials, support calculations and documentation.
- Liaison with manufacturing to understand CAD/CAM processes and develop programs, tooling and jigs.
- Develop new and existing designs considering new materials and process methodologies.
- Investigate improvements in the design or engineering capability of existing products.
- Liaison with third party suppliers of software and technology to promote best practice.
- Work as a team to promote continuous improvement processes for product design and manufacture.
- The role will involve some travel to customers, manufacturing facilities, software suppliers, universities.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Analytical & diagnostic skills
- High standard in computer literacy
- Good communication, presentation and written skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Project Management
- Design, Value Engineering Principles and Material Flow Analysis
- CAD/CAM/CAE and simulation techniques.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Knowledge of the properties, characteristics and processing behaviour of a variety of materials.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.