Our client, a global Tier 1 automotive business are on the market for a number of EDS CAD Engineers to help boost their team.
These will be long term contracts paying very competitive rates.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To robustly design and electrically model the wire harness in line with the required timing, resolving all engineering issues in a cost and weight efficient manner.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Responsibility to design appropriate routing and packaging of vehicle wire harnesses and associated components, within the limitations of customer SDS and Lear design & manufacturing requirements.
Working alongside the Project Engineer to ensure the design of the wire harness, reporting to the Engineering Project Lead
- Design and package EDS, Wire Harnesses and associated components to required electrical modeling standard.
- Design using DFMEA principles to ensure robust design.
- Support virtual build events and packaging activities to ensure the harness meets cost & weight targets while ensuring design robustness
- Manage and resolve engineering issues on harness in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate translation of design into 2D print
- Preparing Engineering Change proposals
- Take Responsibility to ensure harness design meets customer design requirements e.g. design manual, Electrical & Electronic Distribution System (EEDS) guidelines, SDS.
- Deliver a cost & weight efficient design for allocated harness
- AIMS, ECR's & Release process
- Quality tools such as APQP, DFMEA, 8D
- Cost understanding
- Ability to read and use engineering specifications & drawings
- Certified to use CATIA V5/ V6
- Certified to use Electrical Work Bench
- Trained and Certified to utilize Team Centre (TCe)