Position - CAD/Design Engineer (Solidworks experience essential)
Location - Sheffield/Rotherham
Salary/Rate - £20 - £25ph depending on skills and experience
The focus for this role is to support the design and development of new innovative technologies. The CAD/Design Engineer will be involved with projects which will vary from fast paced prototype explorations to fully detailed engineering developments culminating in product manufacture.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work alongside the senior engineer within the engineering team to support the design and development of new technology products from initial concept phases to full product development.
- Take responsibility for the design and development of key product sub-systems, managing delivery deadlines and interfacing with other team members to create final products technical packs.
- Create detailed CAD models and engineering drawings for both internal use and for working with suppliers and main manufacturing partners.
- Manage relationships with suppliers to ensure the delivery of parts required for the delivery of on time completion of prototypes and rigs.
- Take responsibility for the safe construction and commissioning of rigs and prototypes based on their own designs and validate new concepts and document findings.
- Participate in the physical testing and validation of rigs and machines alongside members of the team to expand the knowledge of the team and help move designs forward.
Background Experience and Qualifications
- Previous CAD/Design experience required with designing and engineering electro-mechanical products.
- HND/HNC/Degree level or equivalent engineering experience.
- Skilled in engineering problem solving and conceptual design.
- Strong CAD skills in SolidWorks.
- Strong working knowledge in engineering drafting to BS 8888 to ensure optimum product quality.
- Must be comfortable working with electro-mechanical products; a good working knowledge of fluids/ pumps /motors is desirable but not essential.
- Capable of working at a prototype level and moving designs through to manufacture.
- Strong hands on skills would be an advantage.
To apply for this CAD/Design Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.