CAD Design / Project Engineer (Body Structures) - 35301 - up to £25.02/hr
Body Structures are responsible for the design and development of the Body less doors, which include Body Pressings, castings, extrusions and body sealing media for all models. It also manages the component and proto-type supplier base to ensure timing & project control is maintained.
The department is responsible for developing designs from concept through to production. Our deliverables are released 3D CAD models which demonstrate robustness via FMEAs, FDJ Tracker, DVP's, APQP and ultimately PSW approved parts and meets each programme attribute objectives. Based primarily in GDEC, the project engineer will work alongside the group leader & the other project engineers.
The successful candidate will report into the Body Structures department with matrix responsibility to the Group leader & the Module leader within the projects assigned. There may be a need to work at other manufacturing & design location to suit department needs.
- A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology
- Strong project management capabilities with the ability to multitask
- Comfortable challenging cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the business
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence
3 KEY SKILLS
- Automotive Body Structures (BIW) Design experience
- Catia V5 or V6 Experience
- Experience of Teamcentre preferred
- Experience of automotive BIW design, stampings and body construction knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of CATIA V5/V6
- Good communication and presentation skills to all levels
- Data analysis and PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good team player, who is self-motivated to deliver good quality products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Experience of B.I.W stamping and construction processes.
- A working knowledge of TCe and Digibuck or similar.
- Knowledge of FPDS / GPDS project management process
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.