CAD Design Engineer (Prototype Build) - 35223 - up to £25.00/hour Ltd Co - Vehicle Engineering
A CAD Design Engineer for Prototype model build is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Whitley/Coventry.
An experienced CAD user, trained on CATIA V5 Primary focus for prototype technology demonstrator models, whilst also supporting other activities related to the engineering and build of vehicle package properties. These require understanding and then integration of new technologies into existing or new vehicles. Solid and surface creation, manipulation and assembly working in collaboration with SME's, technology suppliers, other internal teams to create accurate, operational physical prototypes models in challenging timescales. Technology installations and features will be across a broad spectrum of disciplines spread across Body, Electrical and Chassis functions.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Experienced Catia V5 operator with several years experience in body or chassis engineering functions.
- Excellent mechanical understanding with kinematics experience in V5.
- Experience of creating / designing prototype models and vehicles.
Prototype model build experience. Operated with manufacturing suppliers previously. Previous mechanism design - automotive or other related engineering field. Higher education in Mechanical Design / Automotive / Engineering field or Draftsman experience or Machine shop/Automotive model making.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.