CAD Design Engineer - 35225 - up to £25.02/hr - Powertrain
As part of an established, motivated and fast moving team, the successful candidate would work for an experienced team leader to help deliver engine commodities across several applications.
Delivery scale would be from Concept to Launch with the key responsibilities of CAD design, package analysis (working with Design engineers), Virtual build support (working with development & manufacturing engineers), Project management team support to key development milestones, supplier awareness, Issue resolution, Quality Process support, Launch preparation support to key project milestones.
3 Key Skills Required
- CAD Catia V5 experience
- Automotive CAD design experience
- Teamcentre experience
- Experience of component design to meet performance and attribute targets.
- Good understanding of engine components and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and MS Project.
- Understanding of design quality tools such as DFMEA, Robustness Studies etc.
- Awareness of manufacturing processes associated with engine components and engine assembly desirable.
- Working knowledge of other CAD systems (Ideas etc) would be an advantage, as would a flexible approach to team tasks whilst being committed & self motivated with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
This role will require someone who desires a challenge and can innovate challenging design solutions.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.