CAD Design Engineer - 34399 - up to £28.14/hr - Powertrain.
A CAD Design Engineer responsible for delivering powertrain components and systems from concept to a maturity level suitable of being handed over to the production project teams is required.
The role will include 3D CAD and 2D drawing in Catia and package analysis of engine and vehicle in Team Centre. The role will also help to create new technologies and engine concepts (inventions) in order to ensure the company has class-leading powertrains into the future. In addition, it includes project management support to key development milestones, supplier awareness and issue resolution support to key project milestones. If a technology meets product needs the work will continue on the transfer of technology from research and to design future engine concepts and vehicle demonstrators.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- CAD drawing and 3D with Catia V5
- Design and development of powertrain design - Engine, Gearbox, Transmissions, etc.
- Ability to create concept design layouts and component detailing required
- Proven design engineering support experience (3 years continuous use of CAD software) in powertrain and engine design
- Experience of component design, assembly modelling work
- Proven knowledge of internal combustion engine and powertrain systems work
- Proven knowledge of manufacturing processes associated with engine/powertrain components and assembly desirable.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.