Due to continued growth my client a leading designer and manufacturer of innovative material handing equipment exporting globally to over 30 countries are seeking a skilled Design Engineer with mechanical engineering experience. The role is based in north Birmingham in a new manufacturing facility.
Background and key responsibilities:
- Skill in mechanical layout design, components and integration into a process flowsheet.
- Production of full manufacturing drawings with bill of materials, costing, time scale & routings.
- Be able to schedule and manage time effectively with attention to detail and accuracy
- Have experience in carrying out technical discussions with Clients and Sub-contractors relating to Mechanical Engineering and understand any commercial implications resulting from such discussions over the phone or face to face.
- Ensuring designs are completed with manufacturing in mind (DFM).
- 3D Design and Project Management.
- Design of Mechanical Handling Equipment and Conveyors.
- Autodesk Inventor experience desirable but not essential full training will be given.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this attractive Design Engineer role with a leading British exporter.