Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £35000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Due to continued growth my client a leading designer and manufacturer of innovative material handing equipment exporting globally to over 30 countries are seeking a skilled Design Engineer with mechanical engineering experience. The role is based in north Birmingham in a new manufacturing facility.
Background and key responsibilities for Design Engineer:
- Production of full manufacturing drawings with bill of materials, costing, time scale & routings.
- 3D Design and Project Management.
- Design of Mechanical Handling Equipment and Conveyors.
- Skill in mechanical layout design, components and integration into a process flow-sheet.
- Have experience in carrying out technical discussions with Clients and Sub-contractors relating to Mechanical Engineering and understand any commercial implications resulting from such discussions over the phone or face to face.
- Ensuring designs are completed with manufacturing in mind (DFM).
- Autodesk Inventor experience desirable but not essential full training will be given.
The role is focused on the solutions operations element of the business and has considerable scope for any Design Engineering or Senior Draughtsperson looking for autonomy and the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of projects across an equally wide array of industrial applications. Each project is bespoke and therefore requires engineering capability to understand client requirements and develop a suitable solution.
The ability to produce effective designs, work with the manufacturing and fabrication facility of the business and also communicate with clients to project engineer each order is essential, but should also be the challenge that attracts.