over 1 year ago
Job Title - CAD Design Engineer - Interiors
Location - Gothenburg, Sweden
Rate - Excellent rates of pay
Duration - 6 months
An experienced CAD Design Engineer with experience in Interiors is required to join a leading automotive organisation based in Gothenburg, Sweden. This is a contract position, and an excellent opportunity to have exposure in a fantastic organisation overseas.
As CAD Design Engineer for Interiors/Overhead Systems (including headlining, grab handles and sun visors), you will be responsible for all deliverables connected to implementing the concerned system solutions into our new car models and also quality tasks and model year changes.
The team for Overhead Systems (inner roof), inlay carpets, crash absorbents mainly
works with "build to print" projects to production suppliers. The group develops new system solutions implemented in our new car programs as well as yearly updates for current models.
As CAD Engineer, you will be working in the industrialization phase of the project up until production start, and design different components to reach the technical objectives and secure the deliveries within the given time. The work will be carried out together with a team consisting of other design engineers, test engineers and CAE engineers. The role require close contact with other areas within P&Q and their suppliers. You will be reporting directly to the Scrum master, Product owner and your Team Manager. In this role you will be given the possibility to improve and deepen your technical knowledge of the system area and get the chance to build network within the company, hence grow together with us.
* Making 3D models for concept and tooling according to Cars demands and
* Creating 2D drawings and 3DPMi (3D drawings) using Catia V5
* Tolerance settings
* Following component development time plans (with responsible design leader)
* Supporting team lead and be part of FMEA and verification activities
* Supporting FEM analysis
* Support advanced engineering investigations
* High grade of cooperation with packaging/block department and styling.
* B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Good knowledge and expertise in CATIA V5, including FEM module
* Ability to analyze information and propose solutions and to determine if the design
proposals are viable.
* Previous working experience within Interior engineering are meritorious
* Experience in Teamcenter are beneficial
* Fluent in English, written and spoken
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Rachel Meacham.