CAD Design Engineer (Cockpit) - 35639 - up to £25/hour Ltd Co - Body Engineering
Cockpit Team / CAD Engineer
Key accountabilities and responsibilities -
- Work as CAD support to Cockpit Lead Engineer within Programme Module team.
- Feasibility evaluation of surfaces released by Design Studio.
- Support Lead Engineer in feasibility studies relating to proposals for changes to / or new features within Cockpit system.
- Support lead engineer with CAD data to support supplier sourcing.
- Frequent updating of, appropriately structured, Cockpit cad data to Teamcentre to ensure all other areas are working with best available Cockpit geometry.
- Release of CAD geometry with all appropriate GD&T, Materials, standards notation to enable fault free tooling and manufacture of Cockpit components.
- Work on the creation of Associative Vehicle Architecture models and development of appropriate standards.
- Liaise with off shore CAD team, delegating elements of Geometry creation and validating quality of output.
Highly proficient in Catia V5. Including experience of releasing Cockpit systems components for production tooling and familiarity with Product Structure coding.
To enable rapid evaluation of Design studio surface releases, candidate should possess technical knowledge of Cockpit Technologies including manufacturing processes. This must include extensive experience in plastic moulding technology and proven ability to translate this into creation of CAD Geometry that has full tool feasibility and will result in parts that are free of cosmetic and functional issues.
Experience in integration of components owned by associated Engineering areas into Cockpit System.
Catia V5 highly capable. Experience in delivering CAD for Cockpit systems.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.