CAD Design Engineer - 35495 - up to £25/hr- Chassis Engineering
This role will focus on Structural Mounting System components on a particular platform within the vehicle range. This position will cover half CAD Design and half Project Engineering.
- Agree component/system targets (stiffness, strength, etc) with CAE team and attribute areas
- Develop component CAD (using TCe and Catia V5) within available package to meet component targets for function, attributes, cost and weight.
- Work with purchase team to manage supplier nomination and sourcing process.
- Manage supplier delivery of components to agreed cost, timing and quality targets through Commodity Plans, Open Issues Lists, Supplier Reviews and regular Supplier communication
- Achieve ALL program milestone engineering deliverables, robust component sign off (DVP) and Phased Submission Warrant (PSW) in line with Programme timing.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Strong communication/team working/project management skills is essential
- Catia V5 Experience (1000 hrs+)
- Robust practical knowledge of engineering principle
- Knowledge of design for castings, forgings and welded assemblies including manufacturing requirements.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.