An experienced CAD Design Engineer for Body Structures is required to join a company who design and manufacture state of the art products for a global market.
- Create Body Structure parts utilising the latest material technologies and processes.
- Own components and sub-systems and ensure requirements and target specifications for function, cost and weight are achieved.
- Create CAD concepts, parts and assemblies in line with the required global regulations, functional requirements, geometric tolerances, manufacturing techniques and internal standards.
- Support CAD releases and reviews to program milestones, ensuring completion and release on time.
- Optimise and validate designs with simulation, liaising with CAE and using real world tools.
- Support test, development, validation and vehicle build events.
- Work within the body engineering team and with other cross functional areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- Input and drive system DFMEAs, FMA, DVP, testing and support APQP.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- Automotive or other relevant engineering experience.
- Skilled CAD Design experience with knowledge of surface, part and assembly modelling (NX/TCe an advantage).
- Proven experience and understanding of part design and development from concept to production.
- Experience of Body Structures best practices, materials, manufacturing requirements, mechanical properties and failure mechanisms.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion.
- Experience of DFM and methodical problem solving skills.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.