CAD Design Engineer (Base Engine) - 35736 - up to £23.45/hr - Powertrain
The role would be as a CAD Design Engineer based in one of the design and release teams within base engine engineering.
Reporting to a System Principal Engineer the CAD Engineer would be responsible for implementing design solutions to meet component functional targets. The role will involve package and detail CAD design and interface and issue resolution with adjacent teams.
- Agree interfaces with mating systems.
- Lead resolution of package and design conflicts.
- Produce CAD geometry that delivers engineering solutions for both prototype and production parts.
- Optimise design solutions for weight, cost, manufacturing feasibility, quality and functional attributes.
- Use CATIA & Teamcentre to ensure geometric compatibility.
- Ensure adherence to CAD (iPLM) standards
- Ensure Design rule compliance.
- Collaborate with a x-functional team clearly communicating design status to key stakeholders such as manufacturing, suppliers, component owners and management.
- Lead internal design reviews and represent the team in Departmental reviews.
- Author and update design standards and methods.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- CATIA V5 / V6 expert user
- An understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, plastic moulding, casting and forging
- Geometric tolerance expertise
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A knowledge of engine systems
- Use of MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Engineering Degree or Higher Diploma in Engineering
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.