about 1 year ago
An experienced CAD Design Engineer for Passive Safety is required to join a blue chip product development company, who design state of the art products for global market.
- To support all Safety Department related CAD requirements, primarily for Passive safety commodities and systems, but additionally for ADAS. Ideal candidates should be able to work both autonomously and with direction to resolve hardware integration challenges and create key geometry to support system engineering.
- You will become an expert in CAD related development and management within the Safety team and will provide key support for the wider engineering team.
- Produce designs that meet targets for concepts, feasibility, packaging, clearance zones, mass, performance, safety, legislation, quality and timing.
- Support Project engineer's work with suppliers.
- Support Attribute engineer work with integration partners.
- Detailed design of safety commodity related parts (e.g. bracketry).
- Generate, update and maintain accurate CAD models, commodity package and section book.
- Generate accurate 2D CAD drawing as required.
- Carry out release activities related to the commodities
- Maintain TCE, BoM, cost and weight data.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- CAD Design experience working in the automotive environment
- Good engineering knowledge / experience.
- CAD apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to integrate with wider commodity delivery teams.
- Ability to articulate and present work output to seniors
- Appreciation of Automotive product development processes
- Willing to train in NX if not currently competent
- Flexibility and creativity in approach to problem solving.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure when required.
- Team Centre familiarity
- NX CAD skills
- Passive restraints commodity experience
- BEV exposure
- Problem solving experience
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.