Job Title - CAD Design Engineer
Salary - £30,000
Location - Malvern
A CAD Design Engineer is required for a well-established Manufacturer for a permanent position.
As a CAD Design Engineer, your daily duties will be:
- Produce 2-D and 3-D drawings using Solidworks
- Assess and identify any issues that may arise manufacturing these parts using the information supplied.
- Understand the potential issues when using these drawings to manufacture components.
- Researching and developing ideas for the design & development of a range of products
- Actively engaging in and overseeing all phases of product development, including conceptualisation, developing designs, creating prototypes, performing tests and risk analysis
- Creating mechanical design solutions in line with the needs of the business through innovation, creativity and professionalism.
- Producing detailed engineering / manufacturing drawings of products, parts and assemblies.
- Improving the design, performance and efficiency of existing products.
- Allocating part numbers, constructing assemblies and creating BOM's
- Contributing and participating in Technical Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process, and product upgrades. Ensuring that all necessary follow up actions are taken
The CAD Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- 3-D CAD; preferably Solid Works or possibly Inventor
- A range of sector experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of the design process
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to for a new position working as a CAD Design Engineer, in return you will be offered:
- Competitive salary
- In-house training to develop your knowledge
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high, should you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CAD Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Burch at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 129.