CAD Design Engineer - 34400 - up to £28.14/hr Ltd - Powertrain, Gaydon Warwickshire.
A CAD Design Engineer is responsible for delivering powertrain components and systems from concept to a maturity level suitable of being handed over to the production project teams. The engineer will support powertrain research projects.
The role will include 3D CAD and 2D drawing in Catia and package analysis of engine and vehicle in Team Centre. The role will also help to create new technologies and engine concepts (inventions) in order to ensure the company has class-leading powertrains into the future. In addition, it includes project management support to key development milestones, supplier awareness and issue resolution support to key project milestones. If a technology meets product needs the work will continue on the transfer of technology from research and to design future engine concepts and vehicle demonstrators.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- CAD drawing and 3D with Catia V5
- Design and development of powertrain design - Engine, Gearbox, Transmissions, etc.
- Ability to create concept design layouts and component detailing required
Design engineering support experience in powertrain and engine design is required: Experience of component design, assembly modelling Work proven knowledge of internal combustion engine and powertrain systems Work proven knowledge of manufacturing processes associated with engine/powertrain components and assembly desirable.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a team environment
- Have high-level awareness of vehicle architecture and modern automotive technologies
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to demanding deadlines with minimum supervision Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.