CAD Design Engineer - 34395 - up to £24.51/hr Ltd - Brake Pipes / Chassis Engineering, Gaydon, Warwickshire.
A high-level CAD Design Engineer - Brake Pipes is required to produce detailed CAD models for these components. This involves complex routing installations requiring the CAD Engineer to model in both solids and surfaces.
Working to the high CAD standards to ensure robust package routings and models will be key as is including all details to ensure the components can be manufactured.
This role also includes release of components so an ability to produce detailed drawings through Teamcenter will be required. Additional, good communication skills and assertiveness are required to successfully participate in multi-functional vehicle package reviews.
- The candidate will contribute towards the design and delivery of all aspects of the Actuation and Modulation brake components on the allocated vehicle programme or platform.
- The candidate will work with the Lead Engineers to deliver the technical and gateway deliverables on brakes programmes.
- To be part of the multi-functional team who will deliver:
- Lead packaging resolution
- Support supplier sourcing with designs, CAD and Engineering Statement of Work
- Coordinate design activities with suppliers
- Issue management & resolution
- Engineering design release
- Lead part design communisation
- Brake system launch into volume production
3 KEY SKILLS
- Catia V5 & V6 for solids and surface modelling & ability to use kinematics analysis (package checks) Teamcenter
- Knowledge of the system and component requirements of an automotive braking system
- Ability to communicate confidently and accurately in meetings and by means of presentations & written documents using MS Office applications and other proprietary IT tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where success is measured by successful delivery to target which can only be achieved by effectively managing resources and communications in a collaborative and supportive way.
- CAD Model creation
- CAD model manipulation
- Use of CAD / CAE tools
- Knowledge of automotive brake system design
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a team environment
- Have high-level awareness of vehicle architecture and modern automotive technologies
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to demanding deadlines with minimum supervision Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.