3 months ago
CAD Data Lead (Studio Engineering)
Interiors, Modelling, A Class Surface, B Class Surface, CAD, Design, Build, Prototype, 3D Printing, DMO, Show Car
Want to work for a forward thinking organisation that design, develop and build prototype vehicles and show cars form new vehicle development and styling programs? We are looking for an experienced and innovative CAD / Studio Engineer who has the ability to take A Class Surface data and Engineer products and systems through B Class Surfacing for development of new show cars.
The role of CAD Data Lead (Studio Engineering) will be to lead the design, development, modelling and build of prototype parts and full vehicles from raw data into a fully created show car. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way, while maintaining a hands on approach the vehicle design and build activities.
As a CAD Data Lead (Studio Engineering) your main responsibilities will include;
- Developing, maintaining and creating standards required to ensure efficient management of all surface data Maintain and develop
- Managing all data transfer and liaise with required teams members
- Coordinate A Class surface data and B Class engineering and functionality together with design proposals using Catia V5
- Co-ordinate with internal and external team members, design members and project teams to ensure design concepts are realised
- Liaise with other departments and project teams with respect to CAD requirements
- Prepare CAD drawings in accordance with current standards
- Build all data ready for CNC and 3D print manufacturing
- Ability to work to stringent deadlines being able to work on a hands on basis when it comes to modelling, bench work, 3D Printing, Jig & Fixture design and any other associated show car build activities
You will bring to the role:
- Demonstrates appropriate depth of knowledge in relevant technical specialities or an acknowledged industry expert in one or more areas.
- Expert knowledge of Computer Aided Design.
- Expert knowledge of A and B surfacing.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of model build up to show car level.
- Knowledge of clay modelling
- Knowledge of CadCam software’s
- Knowledge of CNC process
- Expert knowledge of all Health and Safety within the Build and workshop Area.
If you have knowledge in designing and engineering show cars from A Class Surfaces, maintaining a hands on approach through all of the development and build phases and you want to be considered, please apply today to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.