£17.13 - 17.13 per hour
about 1 year ago
Title: CAD Data Checker / CAD Interrogation
Position based at: Gaydon
The CAD Data Checker is responsible for ensuring delivery of Programme Engineering Data to the required specification and quality defined by the Virtual Engineering process deliverables to support Engineering Design Verification delivery through Virtual Series, Rig Test and Prototype Builds.
This is achieved through working with, supporting and coaching Commodity and System Engineers in their delivering of Computer Aided Design (CAD), Non-Geometrical Data (NGD) and other Engineering Data types critical to information sharing and Design Verification delivery.
Day to day tasks include:
- Leading CAD reviews with cross functional teams highlighting incompatibilities and feeding into higher level zonal reviews, triage and escalation sessions.
- Ensuring Engineering data is in line with the correct quality standards and understood such as materials, weights Non-Geometric Data aligns with appropriate with CAD maturity
- Ability to review and interrogate CAD and NGD
- Able to lead and direct engineering teams to the correct data standard
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Good understanding of vehicle systems and architecture
- Experience of using the following systems/tools Teamcentre/VisMockup
- Knowledge of automotive technical issues resolution
- Both verbal and written communication skills are important, these should be combined with a confident attitude.
- The candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
Experience of project management and delivery
Educated to Degree level in an Engineering discipline
The position would be based at JLR Gaydon site within the Product Information team.
Travel to other sites may be required
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.