Title: CAD Cockpit Support Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: - up to £36.04/hr Ltd umbrella
CAD Cockpit Support Engineer
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Work as CAD support to Cockpit Lead Engineer within Programme Module team
- Feasibility evaluation of surfaces released by Design Studio.
- Support Lead Engineer in feasibility studies relating to proposals for changes to / or new features within Cockpit system.
- Support Lead Engineer with CAD data to support supplier sourcing.
- Frequent updating of, appropriately structured, Cockpit cad data to ensure all other areas are working with best available Cockpit geometry.
- Release of CAD geometry with all appropriate GD&T, Materials, standards notation to enable fault free tooling and manufacture of Cockpit components.
- Liaise with offshore CAD team.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested by Design studio or other associated Engineering areas.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in CAD creation of injection moulded parts.
- Knowledge of tooling considerations for geometry creation.
- Knowledge of part interfaces, geometric dimensional control and sub-system assembly considerations.
- Catia v5 experience is required. Catia v6 experience is preferred.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good level of IT literacy and the ability to analyse and present data using IT systems and Microsoft Tool skill sets
- Demonstrable engineering development knowledge with component design and manufacturing techniques
- Catia v6 experience if preferred.
- Experience with creating geometry for interior trim parts is desirable, preferably cockpit parts, but other injection moulded plastic parts would be acceptable.
- Technical knowledge of Cockpit Technologies including manufacturing processes. This would include experience in plastic moulding technology and ability to translate this into creation of CAD Geometry that has full tool feasibility and will result in parts that are free of cosmetic and functional issues.
- Ability to quickly evaluate feasibility of Design studio surface releases.
- Experience in integration of components owned by associated Engineering areas into Cockpit System.
- Experience of releasing Cockpit systems components for production tooling
- Familiarity with JLR Product Structure coding
- Knowledge of project timeline management
- Demonstrable engineering development knowledge with component design and manufacturing techniques such as injection moulding, pressings, laminating, foaming and wrapping
- Ability to break down assembly design into exploded view and define assembly sequence and location strategies to achieve world class craftsmanship.
- Experience of working in an Agile squad and an understanding of the associated ceremonies and tools (e.g., Jira)
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred
No formal academic qualifications required.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.