CAD-CAM Methods Engineer
£20.72 pa Contract
A CAD-CAM Engineer is required for a leading car manufacturer in Chichester, you will have 3 years minimum programming experience using CAD/CAM systems, WorkNC or TEBIS would be an advantage, coupled with 3 years machining experience on 5 axis CNC machines within a production environment.
- Working on a rotating 2 shift system to support, develop and optimise the milling of high quality interior trim parts and assemblies.
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain the production and machining of interior trim parts within the Woodshop.
- To support and contribute to the milling strategy within the Woodshop through:
- The generation, modification and optimisation of CAD/CAM software produced programs used on 5-Axis machining centres.
- Contribution to the efficient layout and flow of material within and supporting the machining of interior trim parts
- The generation, maintenance and development of documentation supporting the machining of interior trim parts
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, manufacturing engineering experience an advantage
- Experience in TPM surrounding milling machining equipment an advantage
- Proven knowledge of machining principles within a 5 axis environment, knowledge and experience of composite and carbon fibre machining is an advantage.
- Provide production support particularly in the skilled elements of milling processes and supporting activities. Have knowledge and demonstrable experience of problem solving techniques; both individually and part of production support teams.
- Have a demonstrable knowledge and skills in fixture design and manufacture to successfully execute the high quality machining of interior trim parts.
- Be able to interpret and act upon CMM reports with regards to machined interior trim parts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with both internal and external customers to the Woodshop maintaining and developing the high level of quality and service required.
- Experience in Catia V5 & Vero WorkNC desirable
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years minimum programming experience using CAD/CAM systems, WorkNC or TEBIS would be an advantage
- 3 years machining experience on 5 axis CNC machines
- 3 years minimum experience using CATIA to analyse, interrogate and create models, V5 would be an advantage
- Knowledge of quality standards and measurement methods
- Knowledge of practical problem solving
- Training skills
- Flexibility required to ensure availability and efficiency of machines and programs
- Good level of communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must work effectively with internal production, development and planning functions as well as external suppliers.
- Good IT skills
- Fluent English is essential and basic German is an advantage
If you have any questions about the role please contact Katharine Bignell today, other wise apply today as no doubt interest will be high for this CAD-CAM role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.