Title: Cabin and Cockpit Lead Engineers
Division: Special Vehicle Operations
Contract Position based at: Fen End
Rate: Up to £27.22 per hour
Cabin and Cockpit Lead Engineer.
The role involves leading and supporting design/development Interior Trim assemblies & components / systems for future vehicle programmes. This includes Cabin Trim / Cockpit trim.
The individual will be responsible for the following:
- Introduction and development of new and modified features requested by Project Teams and end user Customers.
- Regular interface with both tier 1 suppliers and internal departments to ensure targets are met in the development of components for Interior Trim enhancements.
- Proven Automotive Interior Trim experience, with extensive years working in industry at OEM or Tier 1 suppliers. Has broad experience with Cabin or Cockpit product delivery. Can show good knowledge of working with multiple component range for Interior Trim
- Can evidence with clear understanding of hard and soft trim delivery. Can Evidence Low to medium volume tooling experience including emerging technology applications
- Fluent in spoken/written English
- Must have Engineering Design/ Development background within Automotive Trim or similar for Interior components, ideally having worked within both OEM and Tier 1 trim suppliers.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY NOW. For more information please contact Lois Weston on 01384446119 or email .
- Engineering Delivery Experience for Plastic/Structural/Functional parts
- Automotive Engineering experience with an understanding of automotive product creation and delivery tools like Enovia PLM
- Extensive experience in supplier management / quality tools like FMEA and problem solving/ RFQ process/ PDS creation/ Releasing and WERS/ Issue Management - AIMS/
- Requirement Management - eFDVS/RMDV iPLM
- Testing and Validation of plastic and structural components
- Good understanding of materials and manufacturing technology
- Software Skills - PC Literate, MS Office Proficiency, MS Project knowledge
Job level will be revised based on the experience each candidate has to offer the client.....Would be a distinct advantage to have the following: WERS /Efdevs trained either at Ford or JLR locations. Ideally trained in RMDV PACN, AIMS, PPIR, 8D & DFMEA, plus working knowledge of the STA / PPAP PSW Process.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Cabin and Cockpit Lead Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.