An experienced Cab Design Engineer is required to work as part of the Cab System team. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for delivering cab related engineering solutions and support to new product development as well as current production.
As a member of the team, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering cab engineering support to the product groups for use in current production and future machines. Responsibilities for the candidate include contributing heavily to current production by supporting manufacturing and by providing design solutions to issue resolution.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Primarily utilising Creo 2 (Pro/E) and aligned PLM tools, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering cab engineering support to the product group for use in current production and future machine platforms.
* Supporting current production by interfacing with assembly operations and working with our manufacturing supply base to provide validated design solutions in resolving known issues.
* Contribute to varying stages of the new product development process including; requirements capture, specification, FMEA, design, development testing, validation and certification depending on the individuals` skills sets.
- Be able to read structural design drawings
- Be able to collaborate with injection moulding tooling suppliers
- Understand geometric tolerance schemes
- Be familiar with fabrication tooling - Weld fixtures, pressings, forming processes
- Issue tracking and resolution NPI Skills
- Competent in non-metallic design (CAD surfacing skills), familiar with injection moulding, roto-moulding, thermo-forming & blow moulding processes.
- Expected to be competent in mechanism design, ROPS design, light fabrication.
- Be able to hold design reviews with cross functional teams - Operations, purchasing, manufacturing engineers, quality department.
- Be able to run self-managed design projects
- Be familiar with project planning terminology, logic and updates
- Bachelor`s Degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum. Master`s Degree (or equivalent) - preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.