£50k - 55k per year
about 1 month ago
C++ and JS Software Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Elstree, London
Salary £40-£50000 p/a
Our client develop a product which can sense and detect acoustic and thermal data from istallations or assets which are geographically hard to reach, and where RF signal or wired solutions would not work.
They are a tech-passionate organisation and they like all of their engineers to share this passion, not just for digital or software based technologies but also for how software, AI and data mining casn support systems where software and electronics won't work.
Subsea, Metals recycling, Military and many other applications for this technology exist, and they require adept software engineers to support the digital back-end of their devices.
Reporting to the Head of Software, you will be developing and enhancing applications based on unique Distributed Acoustic Sensors (DAS) and Distributed Temperature Sensors (DTS) technology. These sensors are used in a variety of challenging environments requiring near real-time processing and visualization of data streams of up to a few hundred MBps.
- Proposing, developing, coding, implementing, validating, and documenting novel software solutions in accordance with the Company's quality standards
- Supporting timely and efficient products transfer from development to production
- Providing customer support, investigating issues and implementing bug fixes
- Improving, in collaboration with peers, the development of in-house processes and skills
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated polyglot candidate with the following technical skills:
- C++, JS and NodeJS (required)
- Source code control and bug tracking tools (required)
- LabVIEW, Python, Matlab, C# (nice to have)
- Furthermore, the successful candidate is expected to have the following attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time and work to deadlines
- Interest in improving user experience and development of user interfaces.
- Ability to collaborate with peers to achieve the Company's objectives
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
A good degree or similar qualification/experience in computer science, engineering, physics or a related subject is required. Optical fibre sensing experience is not essential but an interest or technical background in the subject area would be advantageous.
An attractive and competitive package is being offered. This will include private medical insurance, group life assurance and an attractive pension plan.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now, or email email@example.com for further information now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.