C&I Engineer – Control Panel Design
Salary: £ Negotiable
We are currently recruiting for an experienced C&I Engineer to work at our client’s site in Leeds. The role will be management of assigned C&I Design Projects through the design stage to handover to production.
The role will be observing the need to apply cost effective solutions and ensuring costs are controlled within estimates provided at the tendering stage.
Duties and responsibilities would include:
- Undertake responsibility for all design, processing and supporting activities for the assigned product range, including, where appropriate, pre-sales support
- Initial design of control panel and selection of major components (including PLC hardware) in line with customer outline requirements and detailed specifications
- Provision of detailed GA drawings, using both propriety and custom-built enclosures for indoor and outdoor mounting, including hazardous area installations
- Provision of Panel wiring diagrams, in both schematic and (instrument) loop format, including PLC I/O, condition monitoring racks and i.s.barriers.
- Provision of Supporting documents including I/O lists and data schedules, i.s. validation calculations, etc.
- Interface with customers and suppliers on all control panel design issues
- Supporting panel manufacture and testing, at suppliers works, in factory &/or on site.
- Attend kick off and client meetings to ensure that all parties understand the work to be undertaken and the key project milestones
- Give support to other departments on engineering problems associated with the product range
- Liaise with Customer and Sub-suppliers as necessary
- Ensure that product development ideas are passed to the appropriate channels
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ideally experienced in all aspects of panel design, from initial tender through to on-site support.
- HNC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering
- Proficient CAD user, AutoCAD &/or EPLAN preferred
- A flexible approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- A willingness to solve problems and improve processes
- Team player, hands on approach, capable of building new relationships
- Experience of using auto cad/ inventor
- Excellent IT skills
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Flexible working
- Onsite car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- On site Gym
- Long service awards
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.